It is almost impossible to cover every issue that matters to all voters so if you don’t see a platform issue you are concerned about simply send me us an email.
I whole heartedly support the legalization and taxation of marijuana and creating space in the industry for those communities who have been disproportionately affected these laws.
I believe healthcare is a human right.
No one should be denied access especially due to race, zip code, or bank account. For the last 20 years, the healthcare system has gone through a myriad of changes. While Delaware has made some state-wide strides in healthcare we still have challenges. These are some of the priority issues for our campaign:
- Establish a statewide single-payer healthcare system or a public option like Medicaid Buy-In
- Implement Bundled payment for all payers
- Prescription prices (increase the senior drug assistance program) DE prescription assistance program
- Regulating PBMs (Pharmacy benefit management) which are companies that administer the prescription drug programs of health insurance plans. PBMs now play an outsize role in determining not only what medications patients can access but also how much patients, pharmacies, and health plans pay for those drugs.
Child Care & Education
I believe in quality education for all.
Delaware schools consistently rank much lower than surrounding states and the quality of a community’s schools is central to any family’s aspirations. This fact makes Delaware less likely for families to choose to live and raise their children.
- Raise the income threshold to qualify for Purchase of Care for families
- Increase the reimbursement amount that daycare/pre k providers receive
- Funding Universal Pre-K
- Reform our school funding system by moving away from the antiquated methods of referendums and student counts and base support on student needs.
I believe in safe communities.
People want to feel safe in their communities, let their children play outside without worrying about a car running them down and have intersections made for both walkers and pedestrians. Delaware is one of America’s deadliest states for pedestrians.
- Work with police and Deldot on implementing traffic calming practices
- Support speeding cameras in neighborhoods whose civic associations or other bodies request
- Secure funding and planning for more safe walking & biking paths throughout the district
Government Transparency & Accountability
I believe in transparency and accountability.
- According to the Center for Public Integrity Delaware receives grade F and ranks 48th across the US. I find this unacceptable and believe wherever our tax dollars are spent we should have access to those records barring extreme circumstances.
- Would support the passing of a Delaware “Sunshine law” copied from Florida
- This law would ensure that we have access to the public records of government bodies in Delaware. Public records include all documents, papers, letters, maps, books, tapes, photographs, films, sound recordings, data processing software, or other material, regardless of physical form or characteristics, or means of transmission made or received pursuant to law to ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business by any agency.
- Amending the Law Enforcement Bill of Rights making all misconduct records available to the public and establishing a fair and trusting process for Community review boards.
I believe in common-sense gun regulations.
In the State of Delaware in the last 365 days (today being May 6th) 71 people have been killed and 183 were wounded by gun violence. This does not include individuals who attempt to take or succeeded in taking their own lives with a gun. I support using a public health and equity lens to identify and implement evidence-based policy solutions and programs to reduce gun violence in all forms.
- Support funding well-run community intervention programs that includes a collective, grassroots, and preventative approach to reducing gun violence.
- Push for common-sense gun regulations like safe storage, implementing a permit to purchase law, and reducing firearm capacity.
I believe in making the world a healthier place for all of us.
Because Delaware’s economy relies heavily on chemical manufacturing, including pharmaceuticals, industrial chemicals, and plastics, it is sometimes referred to as the Chemical Capital of the World. WE have one of the highest cancer rates in the nation.
- Support a Green New Deal for Delaware which includes:
- reduce carbon emissions
- prioritize solar energy for green jobs and the move towards 100% renewables
- require cumulative health risk assessments for new industry
- create a plan for clean energy and transportation
- include the voices of folks from fence line communities who have been disproportionately affected by environmental injustices.
- Support a Green Amendment to our constitution to guarantee Delawareans the right to clean air, water, and soil and then hold corporations accountable for poisoning them both financially & criminally.
- Increase funding for and reorganize DNREC to ensure that it can actually protect our environment.
- Move to 100% renewables by 2050 by maintaining and expanding the solar carveout to bring more manufacturing jobs to Delaware and create a comprehensive plan for clean energy and clean transportation that takes input from the groups most affected
Criminal Justice System Reform
I believe in criminal justice system reform
We often say the criminal justice system is “broken” however I believe the system works exactly as it was designed. I will fight to end harsh policies and racial inequities in the criminal justice system.
- Building up a robust reentry program to set up previously incarcerated individuals for success to positively contribute to society once they served their time
- Getting rid of fines & fees which are only barriers for those who come from lower-income households
- Repealing Law Enforcements Bill Of Rights and creating policies that build trust between the community and law enforcement by creating transparency and accountability for misconduct.
I believe people should control choices about their own bodies.
Delaware has some of the worst infant and maternal death rates in the country, even worse rates if you happen to be BIPOC in our state. Reproductive rights refer to more than the legal right to have an abortion without access there is no choice.
- Require Medicaid to cover doula services as well as successful methods that increase the success of both mother and child to thrive during the reproductive process
- Expand abortion access for all including the most marginalized among us
- Enable Nurse Practitioners and Physicians assistants working in the women’s healthcare field to provide both prescriptive and surgical abortion under DE’s law
I believe in voter access.
Every citizen and taxpayer should have the right to vote for those who make choices that affect their daily lives and we should make that right easy to access for everyone, and those representatives should not be unduly influenced by donations they accept.
- Implement Ranked Choice voting and open primaries
- Allow ballot initiatives (such as the legalization of marijuana) so citizens can have a direct voice on important issues
- Automatic voter registration for all previously incarcerated individuals regardless of their crime
- Access to all donor information of a campaign and enforcement of DE campaign finance laws
- Publicly funded campaigns to get the influence of money out of politics
I believe older adults deserve to age in dignity, independence, and a high quality of life.
Many of our elected officials ignore the challenges faced by our aging population, even though Delaware’s older adult population has grown 10% since the 2000 Census. Delaware is also one of the top ten states in which to retire. We are not prepared for the current or future needs of our senior citizens, and we need to address these issues now.
Empowering older adults, persons with disabilities, and their caregivers to be active, engaged, and supported in their homes and/or communities of choice.
Promoting early person-centered education and planning to ensure we make the best choices required as we age
- Promoting access to and efficiencies of home and community-based services which enable seniors to direct their own care.
- Ensuring that family and informal caregivers receive help and support to care for older adults in their homes for as long as possible.
- Preventing abuse, neglect, and exploitation while protecting the rights of older Delawareans and persons with disabilities.
- Increasing consequences and penalties in responses to elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Filling the financial gaps for things like dental, hearing, and eye care at the state level that Medicare currently doesn’t cover.
- Improving the senior real estate tax credit to provide increased benefits for those in need.
I believe in
I envision a world where every member of the LGBTQ+ family has the freedom to live their truth without fear, and with equality under the law. Now more than ever we need to fight to make sure the rights that were finally given to the community don’t get rolled back.
- Enshrine gay marriage into Delaware’s state constitution so if the supreme court were to roll it back DE’s LGBTQ+ community would remain protected.
- Close the two major loopholes regarding conversion therapy to cover the actions of parents, guardians, and religious leaders.
- Support laws or policy changes creating a more safe and equitable environment for LGBTQ+ youth in schools.
- I support additional LGBTQ+ policies which can be found at https://www.glsen.org/ an advocacy group for the community.
We should all live in a just and equitable society.
Won't you join me?
Sign up to receive campaign communications and updates.